Vegan pasta salad is quick and easy fix for lunch box, summer lunch or a fresh side dish. This vegan pasta salad recipe is easy to make, in fact all pasta salad are easy to make and there is literally no limitations to what you can put in – whatever veggies you have in a fridge will do but this one is one of my favourite.
It’s called a pasta salad because you put a salad dressing over the pasta and mix it. So ideally, vegan pasta salad is a cold dish.
Easy Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
for the pasta:
- 1 cup penne pasta (whichever pasta works, homemade pasta as well)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup olives, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green capsicum, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 small can sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced finely
for the dressing:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Italian herbs mix
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes (if you like spicy stuff)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add a bit of olive oil to water to prevent pasta from sticking together. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, make your dressing by simply whisking together all ingredients for dressing.
- Add cooked pasta in and stir until pasta is thoroughly covered in dressing.
- Add fresh ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside for couple of minutes, stirring occasionally so the flavors can sink in and develop.
- Devour it.
note to yourself:
- Dry pasta quantities: 1⁄2 cup serves 1 person, 1 cup serves 2 people, 1 1⁄2 cup serves 3, etc.
- If you don’t have a vegan mozzarella, the pasta salad will be just as delish, worry not.
- Pasta salad will keep in fridge for up to 5 days, so make loads and lunch box it for over the week.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with ingredients! Pickled veggies are great in pasta salad, roasted quash, leafy greens and beans. Mustard seeds, tofu, tempeh, instead of mozzarella, stir in some non-dairy yogurt, it gives such a fresh kick to it..anything goes, really. Experiment and enjoy the taste of it!
Will you make this dish or you have a better version of it? I’m a pasta lover so please, leave a comment below so we can chat about this deliciousness.. or find me on social platforms, under the “Rudimental Pantry”..just click that FB icon below and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your comment help to push this post so more people can read it and find the info they were looking for.
I love hearing from you guys.
Till next time,