Burrito bowl is a great and very versatile vegan dish made in minutes. This recipe is one of many variations you can have when making a vegan burrito bowl.
This vegan burrito bowl recipe has a lot of fresh veggies in it like lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, etc. so it turns out really fresh, light but filling at the same time because of beans rice and yogurt dressing. Perfect for warmer days.
Vegan Burrito Bowl Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Total time: 30 min
- 1 can (400g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions or shallots, can use leek as well
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves, chopped coarsely
- 200g red cabbage, shredded
- 4 baby radishes, sliced finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup vegan yogurt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- Combine beans, onion and lime juice in a bowl. Season to taste.
- In a bowl, toss gently lettuce, cabbage, radish and oil.
- Combine yogurt and Sriracha in a small jug.
- In a serving bowl, divide rice, bean mixture and cabbage salad. Top it with tomatoes, avocado and cilantro. Serve with yogurt dressing and nuts to your liking.
note to yourself
- Store yogurt dressing in an airtight container, in a fridge up to 4 days.
- For lettuce, you can use whichever lettuce you have. I use Iceberg, Baby Cos or Lamb’s lettuce.
- Feel free to make adjustments to the ingredients you have a home and your personal taste..add corn or sweet potato, skip the yogurt, put in cucumber, kale, tofu, etc.
- Instead of rice you can use quinoa, buckwheat, etc.
- By mixing beans and rice you get a total protein source. Don’t forget the lime or lemon juice – it’s an important ingredient because, sure it helps with the taste but more importantly, vitamin C in the juice helps to absorb iron better.
Sooo, what’s cooking? Please leave a comment below so we can chat some more on this burrito bowl deliciousness.. or find me on social platforms, under the “Rudimental Pantry”..just click that FB icon below and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your comment help to push this post so more people can read it and find the info they were looking for.
I love hearing from you guys.
Till next time,