The recipe for a vegan chocolate sauce has a couple of variations. All of them are quick and easy to make. Plus inexpensive.
Today’s vegan chocolate sauce recipe can be used in baking, for coatings and glazing, chocolate flavor or as a straight homemade vegan chocolate.
There are 4 parts to making a good chocolate:
- fat or shortening: I use coconut oil for chocolate sauce in baking and coconut butter for chocolate bar.
- cocoa powder
- sweetener: coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave syrup or any other vegan sweetener you like.
- optional add ins: salt, berries, nuts, vanilla extract, spices, plant milk, etc.
Vegan Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- Mix the ingredients together until smooth – you can do it in a pan or pot over low heat.
note to yourself:
- Any vegan chocolate sauce will get solid when cooled down – because coconut oil is in solid state at room temperature.
For a chocolate bar
- 1 cup cacao butter, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- add ins to your liking
- Line baking paper of tray.
- In a bowl, melt the cacao butter over boiling water bath, stirring continuously.
- Once melted, stir in coconut oil and stir until coconut oil is melted.
- Add cacao powder and sweetener, stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour on a baking paper and put in freezer to set firm.
note to yourself:
- If you’re using sugar as your sweetener, stir as long as the sugar needs to melt and completely dissolve.
- If adding add ins, wait a bit so that chocolate thickens to a pudding consistency then add your desired ingredients.
- Feeling like chocolate candies? Instead of pouring you chocolate sauce on tray, pour it in an ice cube tray.
What are you baking and making? Please leave a comment below so we can chat more delicious stuff .. or find me on social platforms, under the “Rudimental Pantry”..just click that FB icon below and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your comment help to push this post so more people can read it and find the info they were looking for.
I love hearing from you guys.
Till next time,