I’ve been making this vegan mozzarella cheese for months now and the recipe is fantastic. I make batch after batch and if there’s no vegan mozzarella cheese in the fridge, there’s something missing with my meals.
The recipe is simple enough to make at home in a jiffy yet has enough ingredients to give the texture and the flavour. So good.
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Recipe
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked
- 1 cup cold milk, I use soy
- 4 tbsp tapioca starch (or 1 – 11⁄2 tbsp tapioca flour)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp white miso (Shiro miso)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, cut finely
- Put pre-soaked and drained cashews in a high speed blender then add the rest of ingredients.
- Blend for couple of minuter on high the get a creamy texture.
- Pour the mix in a small, non-stick pot or pan.
- Over low heat stir constantly until the mix thickens enough and stars to come away from the sides of a pot or pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Once thick you can form it in a balls or spoon it in a container and keep it in a fridge as is, spooning it out when needed.
note to yourself:
- Be patient with stirring. The mixture love to stick to the bottom if you don’t stir it, so just take you time and thicken it to the consistency you want.
- It spreads great on toasted bread. Mmmm, so good.
- For acidity, you can use whichever vinegar or lemon juice. There will be a small variation in a taste, but in any case it will turn out really good.
- The recipe in inspired by Gaz Oakley’s recipe for Meltable Mozzarella. You can find it in his cookbook Vegan 100.
Will you give it a try? Or do you have your own perfected version?? Please leave a comment below so we can exchange trial and error knowledge.. or find me on social platforms, under the “Rudimental Pantry”..just click that FB icon below and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your comment help to push this post so more people can read it and find the info they were looking for.
I love hearing from you guys.
Till next time,