This vegan pasta dough recipe is how tradition pasta was made, before the rich people start to add egg yolk to it. Vegan pasta dough is without eggs and water based. It still tastes just as good as the egg pasta.
You can make it in a food processor or by hand, and with or without pasta maker.
All you need is 4 ingredients and you’re ready to go.
Vegan Pasta Dough Recipe
- 1½ cup 00 flour (pizza dough flour)
- ½ cup semolina flour or whichever flour you have
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- In a bowl combine the flours and salt, mix.
- Form a little dimple in the middle and add olive oil and water.
- Mix until it comes together then knead until elastic and soft. Add some water if needed.
- Form the dough in a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in a fridge for 30min to rest.
note to yourself:
- You can use a food processor to knead the dough.
- If you have a pasta maker after you take the dough out of fridge, with a rolling pin, spread the dough in a thin, fine pastry and send it through pasta maker.
- If you don’t have a pasta maker, use a knife to cut streaks of pastry into a shape you wish.
Are you going to try the recipe? Please leave a comment below so we can chat, come up with ideas and improve the recipe. You can also find me on social platforms, under the “Rudimental Pantry”..just click that FB icon below and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your comment help to push this post so more people can read it and find the info they were looking for.
I love hearing from you guys.
Till next time,